- Contact Us
Yellowstone National Park Horseback Riding Day Trips
2016 Yellowstone Tour Schedule
We offer exclusive horseback riding day trips in Yellowstone Park for a minimum of four guests and maximum of eight guests. Singles and couples will be mixed groups of similar riding ability and interests. Private horseback rides for groups of four or more can be arranged. The locations for these day rides will be selected based on your interests, experience level and Yellowstone trail conditions. Rides are based primarily in the Northern half of Yellowstone National Park. All rides are led by the owner, Mike Thompson, to provide you the best experience for your day in Yellowstone’s Backcountry.
Our small groups and diverse horseback riding areas illustrate the difference between a day riding head to tail with 20 other people, being led down the same old trail for 3-4 hours; or a great day searching and exploring Yellowstone, off the beaten trail with us. Because of our excellent history of "low impact" horseback travel with Yellowstone’s back country management, we are very frequently given permission to travel into seldom seen, off trail areas of Yellowstone’s back country. Join us for a very popular and rewarding experience!
Yellowstone Horse Trip Locations:
- Rescue Creek - June 5, 17 (An excellent early season ride for bighorn sheep, bear, elk and wildflowers.)
- Hayden Valley - June 23 (Great family ride! Remote thermals, vast herds of buffalo, elk, and wolves all inhabit this area.) Other dates available in July & August
- Swan Lake - June 15 (Great family ride! Majestic views of Electric Peak. Wildlife.)
- Lamar Valley - June 20 (Remote ride for wildlife including: wolves, elk, bear and buffalo.)
- Specimen Ridge – June 24, late July, late September(Challenging ride for wildlife and huge vistas of Yellowstone.)
- Blacktail Creek- June 9, 18 & 27, more dates will be available September and October (Bear Management Area, great wildlife!)
- Slough Creek- July 28, August & September dates available (Yellowstone Fly fishing)
- Cache Creek- late July, late September dates available (Wildlife and Yellowstone fly fishing)
- October rides available upon request. A great time to ride, listen and watch the elk bugle.
Yellowstone Family Horse Rides: Please call or email for special reduced rates and locations
The above locations will be available for additional day rides throughout the summer and fall. Fall is a great time for a day ride in Yellowstone as the wildlife activity increases; buffalo and elk ruts begin, the bears begin feeding more actively during the daytime, no bugs and very few people in the back country. Please contact us with your Yellowstone vacation dates and we will get you on a great day ride!
Horseback rides begin at 9:00 am, includes lunch at a great location and concludes around 4:00 PM.
Horseback Riding Tour Rates:
Special Rates for Day Rides scheduled in June and September: $300.00/person.
July and August Day Rides: $325.00/person
Exclusive Yellowstone Fly Fishing Day Trip: $375.00/person
50% nonrefundable deposit confirms reservation
Payment and Deposit Information
We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards. We also accept checks.
50% non refundable deposit is required to confirm the reservations.
Final Payment is due on the day of the ride.
Mike and Erin Thompson
Wilderness Pack Trips, Inc.
172 E. River Rd.
Emigrant, MT 59027